I love keeping tabs on trends and the habits of brides and grooms. One of the ways I do that is by reviewing Wedding Wire's Newlywed Report. They just released their 2015 Newlywed Report a few weeks ago, sharing quite a bit of information. They surveyed 6,000 couples from a wide variety of backgrounds who were married between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
Some interesting facts and a few tips:
- The average person proposing spent about $5,000 on an engagement ring. Tip: Save at least 2 months salary before buying a ring.
- Nearly 40% of engagements happen between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. Tip: Just remember to spend time during the holidays to truly enjoy each other and your loved ones.
- The average engagement length is 13 months. Tip: Leave plenty of time to plan the wedding so you can enjoy your life. Unless you're the type of person who doesn't mind if your dream venue is unavailable on your wedding date.
- Over 77% of couples married between May and October. June was the most popular month.
- Couples have an average of 120 guests attend their wedding. Tip: Figure out your budget and guest count before starting any planning because so much depends on these two factors.
- The average cost of all wedding expenses (including the engagement ring, ceremony, reception, and honeymoon) is $37,588. Tip: Again, budgeting is SO important. Create your budget, and stick to it!
You can read the full report here if you'd like. xoxo!