One of the things I get asked most often is, "When do I need to send out my Save the Dates?" and "When do I need to send out my wedding invitations?" So...to help all of you...today, I'm giving you the stationery timeline and tips I give to all Bespoken Brides:
Save the Dates:
- These are sent 6-8 months before the wedding, but can be mailed up to a year in advance.
- Include: the Date, Venue, City, and Wedding Website URL
- Extra Touch: Send a Save the Date to all of your booked vendors! We LOVE getting these!
- Order them 4-6 months before the wedding. Order 10-25 more than you think you'll actually need. Trust me :)
- Send them 6-8 weeks before your wedding.
- Be sure to include RSVP cards with self-addressed stamped envelopes.
- If you will have out-of-town guests, it's thoughtful to include a "Details" card with accommodation info and your wedding website URL.
- Extra Touch: Send an invitation to all of your booked vendors! We LOVE getting these, too!
- Bonus: Save at least one full invitation suite for your photographer to photograph on the day of your wedding.
Thank You Cards:
- For gifts you receive BEFORE the wedding, send thank you cards within 2 weeks.
- For gifts you receive AFTER the wedding, send thank you cards within 4 weeks.
Rehearsal Dinner Invitations:
- Send these 1 month prior to the wedding, but you can also send them with the wedding invitations.
Menu and Programs:
- Order these 1 month before the wedding.
There you go!