Wedding Planners serve many roles, wear many hats, and juggle many items. So much goes into wedding planning, and hiring a professional is one of the best investments you can make.
So why should you hire one? Because this list contains just a few of the things a wedding planner can do for you and take off your hands:
- Communicate with vendors. Between recommending, confirming, coordinating, and sending many emails back and forth, a wedding planner helps with all of this.
- Provide a solid network of vendors. Having dealt with many wedding vendors, a wedding planner is able to recommend the perfect vendors for you based on your style, budget, and preferences. They'll also always recommend vendors they would trust with their own wedding.
- Pull together the design and vision of your wedding. From the color palette to the moods and textures, a wedding planner can create a cohesive and beautiful wedding design that's customized for you.
- Give you recommendations on budgeting. Wedding planners know what things cost, and can guide you when it comes to creating your budget. They can also keep track of your deposits, invoices, and payment due dates.
- Provide you with etiquette advice. From invitation wording (always a biggie!) to seating advice, wedding planners can guide you in all things etiquette. Emily Post would be proud.
- Assist you with wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses, and groomsmen attire to make sure everything comes together in a beautiful and perfect way.
- Recommend menu, alcohol, and music selections for the entire evening.
- Create a day-of timeline...and help make sure everyone adheres to it.
These items are just a hand-full of the things a wedding planner does...make sure you check your contract with your wedding planner to see what is included in his or her services.
Even if it's simply a day-of coordinator, make sure you have someone to take the reigns from you so you can enjoy your big day!