I am so honored you are interested in applying for Bespoken's Intern Program! Right now, I am accepting applications for 2017's Spring, Summer, and Fall Internships (dates listed below). Interviews will take place during the 3rd and 4th weeks of February (it's a thorough interview process!). Please read the following information before applying.
Spring: March 6 - June 2, 2017
Summer: June 5 - September 1, 2017
Fall: August 18 - November 17, 2017
Bespoken's Intern Program is for anyone interested in the wedding and event business. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how a small business runs and how to plan, coordinate, and execute a wedding. This person will also have the opportunity to shadow and assist in 1-2 weddings.
Interns must be willing to commit to 1-2 weddings during the Internship Program. These dates will be given to the candidates during interviews, and the chosen Interns must commit to those dates before being accepted into the program. When you commit to a date, I ask that you set aside the entire weekend, as times and locations vary.
What are you looking for?
- Someone who is interested in and has a passion for weddings and businesses
- Someone who can commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week (some of it from the comfort of your own home)
- Someone who has a strong work ethic, loves to learn, can problem solve, is an amazing communicator (both written and orally), and is very responsible
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and support the team
- Someone who is very familiar with social media platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Someone who has some knowledge of how to use Photoshop and Illustrator is a huge plus!
- Someone who loves music, coffee, tea, sweet cats, and working from home
- Someone who has his/her own laptop and access to Internet
- Someone who is able to commit to assist at weddings (usually on Saturdays) -- must set aside the entire weekend for the wedding
- Someone who is interested in attending the wedding rehearsal to better prepare for the wedding day
What would I learn?
- The many steps leading up to a wedding day
- How to manage the flow of and how to coordinate a wedding day
- How to work with vendors before and during a wedding
- How to utilize social media for a small business
- What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and styled shoots successful
- The things it takes to keep a business running smoothly
- How to write blogs catered to a specific audience
This position is unpaid, but I would be happy to work with you to help you get college credit if that is something your school offers. I'm confident this would be a great learning experience for you. If chosen, you would need to be able to work in Greenville, SC and the Upstate of South Carolina.
If this sounds like you and sounds like something you'd be interested in, please fill out the application no later than Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Please do not email me your application or email me to confirm receipt of your application. If you have any questions, please leave them in the application form! I will be in touch with applicants I think are a good fit by Friday, February 10, 2017.
I can't wait to hear from you!